Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm always a bit surprised when I skip a day inadvertently: This blog has come to feel like a daily chat with friends. I must have been talking to myself yesterday.

If so, it concerned a very specific moment in my life with Mozart. It has not been an easy life starting as it did with complex reactions to music that was supposed to be easy. It might have been easy enough to play but I never found it easy to hear.

Now I find myself on the trail of what is behind that. I had no intention of working on this problem--I was, in fact, avoiding it as best I could.

But now I find it completely fascinating.

So much so that I am going off to the woods for a week with scores of his symphonies and sonatas. There won't be any blog posts as there is no electricity where I will be. See you in a week.