Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Support! Support! Support!

Yesterday I received the smartest bit of fund-raising in the mail: An invitation to commit to a yearly gift of $25 to my alma mater, in recognition of which pledge the Trustees will contribute $500 to the school. 

What could be simpler?  What could be more indicative of my gratitude that a place existed where I could be exposed to genuine inquiry and concern, where I would form lifelong friendships?

Why not do it for this blog?  Tonal Refraction is a sponsored project of Fractured Atlas, an arts services organization; contributions to Fractured Atlas designated for Tonal Refraction are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.  If you have ever found yourself thinking twice about one of these posts I invite you to go to tonalrefraction.com and match your response to my commitment to music, to learning, to my audience, you.